State-of-the-art Coffee Bean
Historically, coffee roasting has been an art form equivalent to that of gourmet cooking, requiring many years of experience under the watchful eye of a master roaster. Recent developments by U-Roast have combined advancements in computer technology with the art and passion necessary to create the finest coffees.
The U-Roast System is a computer controlled, convection air roaster. This system is the key to simple, consistent gourmet coffee roasting. It is not only simple to operate; it has several advantages over the traditional “drum roasting” method:
- Convection Air Roasting
- Efficient chaff separation
- Precise time and temperature
- Precise cooling process
- Quality Coffee
TRADITIONAL SOLID / Drum Roasting UNEVEN ROAST
- Burring chaff releases smoke, contaminants.
- Brunt taste from over roasted surface, burning chaff.
- In lighter roasts, inside can be under roasted,
contributing a sour or grassy taste.
- Water content can be released too early by high
temps, reducing carmelization.
- Consistency depends upon operator; often varies
form roast to roast.
U-ROAST / Convection Roasting EVEN ROAST
- Beans roasted gently by hot air.
- Chaff and small particles are blown away by air stream;
not present later to affect taste.
- Narrow roast profiles attained (inside and outside of
bean roasted to same degree).
- No bitter or sour tastes.
- Water released slowly for optimum carmelization.
- Consistency delivered by computerized roastmaster;
same roast profile every time.
iRRESISTABLE, RICH TASTE THE UNIQUE RESULT OF THE U-Roast Micro Roaster!
Traditional drum roasters roast beans unevenly- the exterior of the bean is typically roasted much darker than the interior. This can result un unwanted tastes such as bitterness or even a grassy, sour taste from the under-roasted interior. In contrast, U-ROAST Convection Roasting ensures even roast development throughout each bean, resulting in pure taste at the desired roast profile.